• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking, McDonalds Gatwick Airport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking, McDonalds Gatwick Airport

My query is one of principle. I appealed a parking (private) ticket in Mcdonalds Gatwick to MET parking who turned down my appeal and so did POPLA. I believe I am in the right, as I validated my ticket after purchase, but did not work on exit.
    I pressed a button to at the barrier to speak to someone, but instead the barrier raised and I drove out.
    A few days later a parking charge notice came through the post.
    I spoke to Mcdonalds who asked me to come into the restaurant to sort it out. Once arrived, the person I spoke to had finished his shift and was dealt by a very arrogant manager who was very rude. I left very upset and again I re-valided my ticket. There was a couple behind me with the same issue, their ticket also did not work after re-validation.

Once at the barrier, the ticket did not work. The traffic built up behind me, a person from the third car behind me came over and pressed the button and told me he does it all the time and nothing happens.

I asked all the drivers to reverse back.

I went back into McDonalds and spoke to the same arrogant manager, who went to the back office and told me to exit, and let me out.

This was all explained to MET Parking and POPPLA, both rejected my *appeals.

Please advise, as I believe this is daylight robbery, McDonalds and MET parking are taking unfair advantage of customers.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X