• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgement for claimant (from the county court)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgement for claimant (from the county court)

Hi The roofer owes us £7233.00+ £410 court costs == £7643.00 I know he has van and a car (idont think they are worth much) Don't know about equipment etc. He trades under the name of MATT BROWN ROOFING he is based at Maidstone. We paid the money up front he never came back to do the job.Where do we go from here?
    Tags: None

You need to Register on here so everything can stay in one place, please do not continue to start new threads each time.

Comment

Sorry about that. *New to website. *Can you please advise us on what action we should take now to try and *get our money back.

Comment

So you can either get the court bailiffs to enforce the judgement or escalate to the High Court and get High Court Enforcement Officers (sherrifs) to try and get it back.* They have more powers than the local court.* Just Google it.

Comment

Thanks for that we have informed the high court enforcement officers who are going to apply to the court for a writ. Is they anything else that you can advise us to do that may put more pressure on him to pay (like social media?).*

Comment

How and to whom did you pay? Was it to him personally or to his Ltd company?

Comment

Originally posted by woodcroft38 View Post
              Thanks for that we have informed the high court enforcement officers who are going to apply to the court for a writ. Is they anything else that you can advise us to do that may put more pressure on him to pay (like social media?).
              Have they informed you of what happens should they be unable to enforce the Writ.

Comment

Hi We paid him cash very silly we know but he told us he had a wages bill to pay not wanting him to stop work after taking our roof off we paid him he never came back again. What does happen if the officers have no luck getting our money back?.

Comment

If they fail to enforce the Writ then part of the contract you enter into allows them to charge an Abortive Fee of approx £90 for each address you have asked them to attend. Please note HCEOs only visit 3 or 4 times.

They should also have informed you that should you accept payment from your defendant and fail to pass that on to the HCEO you may also then be responsible for all the HCEO Fees that become due.

Comment

I'm not to sure and I guess one of the best advice will come from a member. But If it was me I would apply for a bankruptcy order, if you are not able to recover your money, this may not achieve much but will stop him deceiving others. *

Comment

Not wishing to upset the apple cart but one item I often point out is that just because you have obtained Judgment against someone is never a guarantee that you will ever actually get paid. There are some out there who are very adept at collecting CCJs and never paying them - usually more aimed at the Phoenix type of company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X