• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stolen bicycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen bicycle

Hello. I had my bicycle stolen on the 15/12/2019. I reported it stolen to the police on the 16/12/2019. As it was caught on my CCTV,* I also supplied the police with the footage and* name and address of the person who stole it. Can someone tell me what is the normal procedure and time scale for this kind of offence to be investigated? I have also been suffering anti social behaviour by the same person for 9 months. The police and housing have recieved over 200 video's of his behaviour, which included sexual hand gestures, putting up fingers, bending over and pointing to his anus , shining a torch into my bedroom window ect.* Please can someone help me. It's have a detrimental impact on my mental health. I just feel like giving up.
    Tags: None

If you have made complaints to the police about his anti-social behaviour and theft of the bicycle and had no response I would suggest a visit to your local cop shop and ask to see the station inspector.
    You probably won't get to see him, so take with you a letter headed complaint* and addressed to the Station Inspector.
    Set out what has been going on, and the lack of response to your complaint.
    Point out that besides being offences under the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003, you believe there are offences under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. and you want to know what action they intend to take to protect you and recover your bicycle.

No need to be rude about it, but do be a little assertive!

Comment

Off topic, but just to show how times have changed;* my Father once told me how his bike was stolen when he was in his teens, which would have been around the mid/late 1940's.* So he went to the local copy shop to report it.* Whilst he was there, in comes a Constable with my Father's bike and some young miscreant.* The PC said that the offender wasn't riding it properly and looked dodgy, so he hauled him in.* This happened on a Saturday, the offender was before the magistrates on the Monday, and awarded a 28 day holiday at her Majesty's convenience without further delay! ;-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X