• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim form for parking charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim form for parking charge notice

Hello everyone , just looking for some advice. I stupidly ignored warning letters to pay a parking charge notice I received last year, after reading online that I didn’t need to pay it as the parking company wouldn’t take it to court for such a small amount ! The driver miss read the sign and parked on the corner of the road matching a car parked exactly the same on the other side as they assumed (stupidly ) this would be ok, They returned to a ticked where as the car opposite parked exactly the same did not have one I have photos of this .I have now received a court claim form and am wondering if there is anything I can do to now avoid paying £243 ! many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

I should also mention the car is my husbands but someone else was the driver so he has received all of the letters in his name we did not reply to the notice of keeper letter which I think I have now lost*
    Last edited by Amethyst; 19th January 2020, 11:03:AM. Reason: Id

Comment

So 5 days after the date of issue acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form.* Nothing in the defence.* This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Post up a redacted copy of the PCN, but leave dates.

Some details would be helpful but don't identify the driver

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. This is a copy of some of the documents I have to hand*

Comment

I think I might be 5 days over the issue date , but I will acknowledge it now .*

Comment

I also have photos of signage and where The car was parked and the other car which was parked the same way but didn’t want to flood with any useless information.*

Comment

So write to Gladstones requesting all the documents that they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you, as expected by the courts.* You expect this by return or within 7 days.
              You send a SAR request to the parking company requesting all documents they hold about you and your vehicle.

Photos of location and signs would be helpful

Comment

Thank you again so much for your help ! Is there a chance if I go to court and loose that I will end up paying more ? Due to court costs etc ? Photos of location and signage I am uploading now ...

Comment

Comment

Dear Gladstones Solicitors*

I would request all of the documents that you intend to use in court with reference to claim no G1GF2462 in order to narrow the issues between us .
                    Yours sincerely*

Comment

Would this simple wording be sufficient ? Sorry I am not used anything legal

Comment

My husband also received a text message from Gladstone’s , is this information they would have been able to obtain from the DVLA from his registered keeper info ?*

Comment

Would it be better by e mail or post ?*

Comment

Give the solicitors the time limits I suggested

Comment

Can the this be in an e mail ? Or must it be posted ?*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X