• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking fine

Hello*
    I recently visited my mother in law who is disabled and as popping into help her get her bits together to take her out have been issued with a ticket. I contacted them to explain and asked for a bit of compassion towards the situation but they have replied saying as I havent provided my full name and address to them they will contact the registered owner. I have given them the No plate so they know the fine in question and cant help but feel if I provide them with my details it gives them a gateway in? I've replied and asked them under GDPR how* they would obtain that info as are they able to? Surely not? They wont entertain my appeal without the info they say.
    Tags: None

They are permitted to get the keeper's details from the DVLA.

If you didn't identify the driver then write back to them again as the keeper (make sure they are aware) and appeal against the charge. Yes give them your details. The idea is to spread this out as long as possible so that they don't issue a Notice to Keeper before day 56 (I assume this was a windscreen ticket) or don't contact the DVLA. Either means that they can't hold the keeper liable if they don't know the identity of the driver

Was the car parked in a park that was connected to the residence and therefore there may gave been a right to park?*
    Last edited by ostell; 19th January 2020, 10:46:AM.

Comment

I guess I did identify as the driver in my appeal. I think perhaps I just need to bite the bullet and pay it :-( the parking is on a housing estate so I was parked outside her house and had a guest permit which lives on my windscreen just forgot to fill it out on the occasion as only jumped out to help her get her bits together before taking her somewhere. In my appeal I only gave my first name and the road name of the parking offence which is why they've now come back saying they need my full information before they can accept my appeal*

Comment

I really dont see why they need that information* for the appeal when I gave them the reg number and the ticket number*

Comment

That's why you write to them as the keeper so that you hope to trip them up.* They can't apply for keeper details until day 28 so get in appeal on day 26.

So what does the actual lease say about parking?* Does it mention having to display a permit?* The driver was not parking, they were picking up a disabled person.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X