• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

please help me about my flight compensation predicament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me about my flight compensation predicament

Dear everyone

I am in a predicament and really need advice.
    I booked an easyjet ticket for my whole family for October 1. *I later PHONED easyjet to change the tickets for 2 january. Easyjet told me it would cost £200 for the change of date. In the phone call I entered my credit card details into the automatic system and then the customer service agent CONFIRMED that the change had gone through.

A few days before the flight for 2 jan I phoned easyjet again, and they denied that I had made a date change. I had to prove through call recordings that I was correct and easyjet agreed. * *BUT because the date now was 28 dec they told me that the flight for 2 jan was full!
    I asked for the 600 euro compensation for cancelled/denied flight. *Easy jet agreed that theoretically I am entitled to the cancelled/denied flight compensation, *but then turned round and said that £200 card payment had not been charged to my card and therefore the booking was NOT considered a CONFIRMED booking. *(p.s. I had never checked my statements beforehand, and it turned out that It was not charged.). Furthermore I had never received any correspondence from easyjet that my payment had not gone through.*
    Therefore easyjet claimed that in their t&c’s *only a confirmed purchased booking is eligible for 600 euro compensation and since the payment had not gone through this was a non-confirmed purchased booking. * * * *My feeling is that since I did everything that I should have done, *Plus they told me initially on the phone that my change to the jan 2 flight was confirmed, *that I should be eligible for compensation.
    Please let me know your views on the matter and it would be extremely helpful if anyone could provide me a link to show to easyjet to help me in my case

Thank you so much
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X