• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wedding catering contract numbers reduced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding catering contract numbers reduced

My fiancé and I had booked catering a year ago for our wedding for 250 people. However, in Oct of last year my parents separated and my father and his family are now refusing to come to the wedding, which means we are now down 100 guests as his family is very big.*

I attempted to speak to the catering company last Oct and again last Dec about reducing the number initially given to them. I have finally heard back and they are refusing to budge. I am not looking to cancel and have paid a £5,000 deposit already. It just makes no sense as I will not have that amount of people in attendance.*

our wedding is in May and I have been trying to sort for a while. They had issued a contract on which is does stipulate that changes are not accommodated but I was hoping for some discretion. We are not refusing to pay but just want to reduce and cater for the number of people actually coming. i should add I have not signed the contract.*
    Tags: None

So suggest to the caterer that as there is no contract in existence then you will look elsewhere for catering.* I'm sure another compnay will be more than grateful to cater for 100.

I can understand if you done this at the last moment but 8 months in advance then sheesh, that's ridiculous.* That far ahead I don't see what they have committed to spend with other contractors but that's ridiculous.* Perhaps claim for loss of profit but that is ridiculous.

When My wife was running a catering company we used to get requests for a reduction on the day because 2 or 3 people wouldn't be turning up and these were refused as we had already spent on the food and preparation etc.* Up till about 2 weeks in advance we could always vary the numbers unless we had committed with another supplier but would still reduce slightly for the food.

Comment

Thank you Ostell, the issue is there is a contract in-place that stipulates that changes will not be accommodated. I’m happy to go elsewhere but he is refusing to give me my deposit back and is now saying they work with a min number basis- which I think is ridiculous! He is also now saying if I choose to cancel as per the contract I owe 75% of the total amount as we are less than 6 months away:*
      I’m totally stuck, he is telling me he cannot cater for less than 250 people all of a sudden and is almost compelling me to cancel and pay him almost the total amount.

Comment

You said you had no signed contract?

Comment

It was sent to me but wasn’t signed by us. However, we have paid a hefty deposit as was requested...I am unsure whether this contract stands even through I have not signed it. I have no issue going elsewhere but he is refusing to give me my deposit back

Comment

To save repeating previous advice suggest you read the following threads
            https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...g-cancellation
            *https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...venue-contract
            https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...e-cancellation

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X