• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General form of judgement differs from case heard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General form of judgement differs from case heard

Hi,

I hope someone can help. I had a case against me in court, the case was thrown out as the claimants done so much wrong in the follow up. They asked at the end of the case if Defendant 1 could pay the fees as they didn’t have legal aid. The judge said no, this was absurd as defendant 2 had legal aid and both came in together. So in summary, the case was dismissed and we were told we owe nothing. But today, I’ve received an N24 form stating that the defendants (us) owe over £7000 in court fees and should pay by the 10th Jan, this was posted on the 11th Jan.*

Please help! Thank you*
    Tags: None

Is this an order made by the court or notice of an application made by the claimant ?
    If it's just an application then it sounds like not only is he trying it on after a judge has already told him no but he could end up paying more costs as well for bringing this application when if has no reasonable prospect of success.

However, you haven't given any details of the case or the court so it's not possible to give an opinion. Based on what you have said I don't see how he could have got an order for costs or how a court would make an order for costs.
    Last edited by luxardo; 12th January 2020, 10:44:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X