• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Selling shares advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling shares advice

Hi all, first time here on behalf of my son. Basically, he’s sold his half of the company recently but I’m not sure if he’s been dealt a bad hand, or not been given the right advice.
    So what has happened is the company he owned with a partner he left in November with a personal loan to the company due to be repaid to himself and a sum for his shares also due. Issue is the “legal binding contract” for these sums were done by the accountant who seems as though he’s on better terms with the other partner, and the letter has no date on there where the monies have to be paid by. The other partner is demanding the shares be transferred but as yet has not paid either monies.
    my issue with this is that, by there being no date for money to be paid, does he have a leg to stand on, eg if the company isn’t manageable and ends up going bust will be lose all what he’s owed Further down the line, for example the money in my view could be paid in 2040 for example? Also on the other hand can he still by rights still claim for money such as profit given he still has the shares in his name? any advice will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance**
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X