• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stealing from Asda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing from Asda

Hi this isn’t something I’m proud of but I have been stealing from Asda. It started off because I was really short of money, my mum and dad died in their 40s within years of each other and I was dealt with two large funeral bills to deal with on my own. I’m under a lot of stress and suffer depression. I know this isn’t an excuse, I’m so ashamed of myself. I really don’t know why I do it. I have never been stopped by security, however I am sure they r on to me. The last time I done it the security alarms went off as I left the shop, there was a manager and a security guard nearby (who both know me as we live in a small town) *but no one stopped me. My heart was in my mouth and I just kept walking. I will never do this again... it was the wake up call I needed. I’m so frightened. My question is am I safe to go back? Can they stop me for something that has happened in the past and confront me? Even if I never do it again in store? Please help*
    Tags: None

If they stop you the next time they have no evidence to take it any further.* If you stand by the entrance for a while you may be amazed at the number of times the alarms go off but no one takes any notice because they get a lot of false alarms.

Comment

ostell*so do u think I shouldn’t worry? And just continue shopping there as normal? They surely would have evidence tho like cctv of me stealing previously*

Comment

They are not going to spend time looking for you on CCTV,* from experience it takes a long time unless they know exactly when and where you took an item and it would be a waste of time

Comment

I definitely won’t be doing it again as I said it’s the wake up call I need. I am so ashamed of myself I’ve been crying all morning. I don’t know what I’ve became.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X