• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with MS90 charge while V5 was with DVLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with MS90 charge while V5 was with DVLA

Hi there,*

I'm looking for some help with an MS90.*
    My Partner and I collected keys to our new place on Monday, April 15th and handed the keys back for our old place the following Saturday (20th).

The following Monday (April 22nd) our V5 was posted to update our address. This was completed on the 14th of May and our new V5c was sent back to us.

Unbeknowst to us I was caught speeding on the 9th of May, so the penalty notice went to our old address. I didn't pay for mail redirection as we're low income and couldnt afford it along with the cost of moving.

Needless to say we didn't respond to this penatly notice as we didn't know it had been sent and wernt told by anyone at our old place of any post or anything. Fast forward to October and the Police followed up, this time charging me with the SP30 and an MS90 for failing to disclose the driver. I got a call from our old neighbour saying there was post for me and then we became aware of this whole situation.

I've pled not guilty to the MS90, because as far as I can see I've tried to make sure my v5 is updated as soon as possible and as the V5 was with the DVLA at the time the notice was issued, it went to the old address meaning I was unaware of it.*

I'm due in Magistrates on Friday and have been reading about people approaching the driving prosecution on the day to try and discuss things; should I do this on my preliminary hearing Friday?*

I've also been looking at legal defence solicitors, but thier costs seem to be arround 1 to 2 grand, which I just can't afford. Reading online is making me think things are really stacked against me, and I'd be better off just taking the points and fine. But most other people seem to have simply forgotten to update thier v5 full stop, not that thier v5 was being updated with the DVLA at the time of the offence.*

Is this a defence or reasonable mitigation to have the Ms90 dropped? Am I best off continuing with the Not Guilty plee to the MS90 on Friday? And will I be able to reasonably defend this thing myself? I've already put together a few documents confirming when we signed the new contract and when the v5 was updated and had this attached to our court file.*

Please any help would seriously be appreciated. I feel so worried and out of my depth. It's just horrid timing that the fine was issued whilst our v5 was being processed :-(
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X