• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pet rescue or hoarder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet rescue or hoarder?

Sorry as soon as people say charity or pet rescue people condeme you for being cynical but I have stopped buying pet food for a colleague who apparently funds animal rescue .. she is not listed as charity half the animals she considered as own pet has been removed from a pets rescue site she has 17 animals she considers own is pets and others may or not be with her all for looking after animals but am I funding someone with no mortgage or rent who just wants lots of pets.... Things do not add up ??Is there anyway of checking genuine animal rescue or pet hoarder she admits budgies dogs etc hers but people do not question helping animals wow well I do she has 17 pets 17 apparent fosters never homed so how do I check??Good she lives em but a lot of us would love pets do not expect or pretend to be charity?!I believe her intentions are good but IĀ* do not think she is pet rescue just keeping pets huge difference ..
    Tags: None

Originally posted by redstar View Post
    Sorry as soon as people say charity or pet rescue people condeme you for being cynical but I have stopped buying pet food for a colleague who apparently funds animal rescue .. she is not listed as charity half the animals she considered as own pet has been removed from a pets rescue site she has 17 animals she considers own is pets and others may or not be with her all for looking after animals but am I funding someone with no mortgage or rent who just wants lots of pets.... Things do not add up ??Is there anyway of checking genuine animal rescue or pet hoarder she admits budgies dogs etc hers but people do not question helping animals wow well I do she has 17 pets 17 apparent fosters never homed so how do I check??Good she lives em but a lot of us would love pets do not expect or pretend to be charity?!I believe her intentions are good but IĀ* do not think she is pet rescue just keeping pets huge difference ..
    You can contact the Charities Commission and ask them about her Charity Status. Are the Animals well looked after? If not contact the RSPCA. I find with animal hoarders, they just have too many animals to look after properly. If her house belongs to the Council/Housing Association or even Private. Get hold of the owner and tell him whats going on. I think she is taking advantage of your good nature. You will not be the only one. I am not legally trained but have had experience with animal hoarders.

Comment

Thanks she owns her house outright but people donate and she does not correct but projects most of animals are rescue when* approx half are pets and she was removed from a pet site as one homed in five years believe well intentioned but equally people donating to someone with lots of pets which is just wrong* and maybe unitentional fraud

Comment

She is voluntary not registered charity People give such as myself thinking helping rescue pets and do not question however half are her own pets rest she has pets in her erm foster for* over five years* sorry doesn't qualify as foster in my book.She may be well intentioned but it is not pet rescue it is her wanting lots of pets and accreditation for rescue.Money and food should be going to real rescue .. what can I do ?

Comment

OK, so this person has a number of animals she looks after.

Some may be her own pets, others she has rescued but continues to care for.
          She solicits donations from other people

You may not think that is right, but anyone can fund raise for anything (legal) so long as they do not in any way claim that they are a registered charity.

As you do not approve of the actions of this lady, I suggest you decline to support her further

Comment

I'm sorry the dogs are on the street. But they had a home wound. Dogs lived in someone's house and then became unnecessary. Dogs thrown out ...

Comment

You misinterpreted I am all for animal rescue having been foster pet parent myself what am against is people donating blindly under guise of animal rescue when it* is non registered charity non regulated charity and turns out not charity someone with a lot of pets not rehomes or fosters ..pets kept and that's the issue fine line between voluntary rescue hoarder and fraud sorry* but if you are projecting you rescue when you just have a lot of pets that's fraud people so sensitive re charity animals ripe that's my gripe* this person should not be fund raising when essentially has a lot of pets not charity..it's* life style choice real charity suffers.. people paying for her pets .. as a foster for pets you care bring them to a forever home not keep loads find raise for you n enjoy sympathy .. smacks of fraud* Murchison's .. not fair on pets no hope of attention just a collection.. so in essence why voluntary pet rescue so unregulated.. shocking people think giving to charity when unregulated goodness knows what.Hope that clarifies* animals are angels not an ego funding distraction and sadly law seems lacking people donating blindly

Comment

Make it clear they are fund raising for pets not fund raise for rescue when you are not rescue you have alot of pets big difference.. lifestyle choice or vocation big difference I give to animals help in a heart beat but feel conned when it's not rescue a choice of number of pets unregulated so they can apparently fundraise that's wrong

Comment

Fund raising* people Yet donating under unregulated voluntary pet rescue.. when just pet collecter hope that clarifies and hope makes you think twice try ensure hard earned money goes to genuine ethical charity or animal help not* . Pet collecter or animal hoarder under guise of rescuing really needs more regulation ... U get point*

Comment

Personally I think it would be nice to just ask her the question, that way you would not be falling out, and possible losing a friend.

Comment

I think you need to fill it with water?

Comment

If she's not a registered pet rescue then she's a voluntary pet rescuer. If you think she does not have the capability to support all her rescues then it should be fine for you to donate/support her according to your ability. But if it's the other way around, then you should not. The best thing to do is help her find new homes for those rescues. If she wants to continue rescuing animals then finding new homes for them should be one of her priorities.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X