• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What's the worse that lowell can do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the worse that lowell can do

I'll admit I did something bad a few years ago but I wasnt in my right mind at the time. I suffer with depression and was bad on alcohol and didnt really care about my life and i did stupid things. After a failed suicide attempt I got help from my doctor and I've been alcohol clean, on medication for my depression and anxiety and got myself a job, so I've turned my life around, but when I was at rock bottom on alcohol I got 2 catalogues out in someone else's name with made up a DOB and I got them. I had every intention of paying it and I did, I kept up with payments each month for about a year but I ran up a debt of around 1200 on one catalogue and the same on the other, I carried on paying but the amount I was paying was less than they wanted and the next I know I received letters from lowell to the false name I used I've been paying lowell a set amount per month from my genuine bank by DD by using my own genuine name and they seem to be ok with this, they've asked no questions of why the name of the person whose name the debt is in is different from the name of the person paying it. Basically what's the worse that can happen to me if I stop paying lowell and I get threats with court and bailiffs? They're going to want to know where the person is whose name the debt is in and I cant tell them I made it up cuz its fraud. Do I tell them that I did commit fraud or do I tell them that the person whose name the debt is in once lived with me and has moved out with no forwarding address? Will they take me to court or send bailiffs out? Or do they just threat and threat and give up eventually? I know what I did was wrong and my problems at the time I had are no excuse, I purchased things for my home, nothing extravagant, just curtains, rugs, bedding etc and I purchased clothing for me and my son. What's the worse that can happen if I ignore lowell and dont pay the debt? Please dont tell me I deserve to get into trouble because I already know this, if I could turn back time I'd never of done it, like I said I've changed my life, I'm now a carer for dementia patients and I've give up drinking and smoking and carrying on with my journey on getting better.
    Tags: None

Hi there.
    I did the same and need advice.
    Did you get any?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X