• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Significant service charge increase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significant service charge increase

I have a 2 bed shared ownership flat with a housing association in Essex. All residents have just received a letter to confirm the service charge will be increased by a further £100 per month which would now equate to a new bill of £150 per month in total. This is a significant increase! Affordable housing I don’t think so!
    There is no work being done to constitute maintenance charges of this value. The windows do not look like they have been cleaned, outdoor lights have not been repaired! Carpets are worn and frayed and the place needs a repaint. The security door no longer works and hasnt for sone time. Some of the charges are so so excessive.
    can they really impose such a large increase? I have looked at the lease agreement and they can alter the service charge based on any overspend from the year before. I just really cannot see what they would
    have overspent on?! The common areas are in a terrible state. Can someone give me some advice on this matter and how I dispute this?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X