• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private parking nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private parking nightmare

Hi I'm new - I have a court letter for 4 parking charges on private land. In fact there are 7 charges in total but they have split them up I can only assume so as not to look over-zealous! Parking Control Management UK Ltd. Help with defence appreciated please :-)
    Tags: None

So give us something to work with, some details, preferably the original notices received and the situation.

Comment

Hey - sorry, newbie error. I started another thread :-(
      Tickets are almost consecutive... photo sent to registered keeper, me, not the driver who is my daughter. I have never admitted to being the driver or given her name but I have been defending the charges made out to me.
      • The driver was issued a permit in 2017 whilst living at another address on the same estate
      • There was no charge for the permit which was issued by her landlord’s agent
      • The permit was dated as issued in September 2017 but had no expiry date
      • The driver moved out of the address in September and was away until November 2018
      • The driver then moved into a new address and parked there during the week whilst at university
      • No tickets were issued, no notices or communication was received from November 2018 through to March 2019
      • The driver has mobility issues. A blue badge is now held but was only applied for at the time.
      • PCM claims to have informed all residents that new permits were required – not the case.
      • PCM changed the way it issued fines from issuing paper tickets left on the windscreen, to photos - without informing residents.
      • PCM did not change their signage, which appears to be the only method of communicating with residents. This signage clearly shows a paper ticket which is what we were expecting if there was a problem.
      • There was a 13 day delay from the photo being taken, to the communication arriving by post, during which time, an over-zealous attendant was able to issue tickets every day the car was there! 7 tickets in total. I contacted PCM immediately and they issued a permit which we paid for. We had a code which we displayed on a note in the car to avoid further charges
      • Initially we dealt with Trace legal but it is now Gladstones. They have split the parking charges and I can only assume it's because it doesn't look good to the court having consecutive tickets....
      • I have issued 2 letters of appeal to PCM and Trace which have been rejected. I now have a court claim for 4 tickets (issued to my incorrect address) and a letter before action for 2 fines, issued to my correct address. One is still to come!
      Gosh feeling overwhelmed to say the least, any help much appreciated x
      Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X