• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Someone is claiming from my car insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone is claiming from my car insurance

In 2017 I received a letter from my car insurance saying that someone claimed i damaged their car and then fled the scene.
    I denied this as it was at my son’s School and the person was another mum, I was never approached by this person at any time. The person making the claim had a disability car with a ramp at the rear and claimed i drove over her ramp and broke it and fled the scene. At the time if receiving the letter from my insurance, i contacted the police and they said there was no evidence to pursue the matter.
    Now fast forward to 2019, i received a letter from my car insurance saying they have now been given new evidence and feel that if the matter was to be taken to civil court the claimant would win.
    i asked my car insurance what this new evidence is and they say a witness has made s statement over 2 years later??
    I find this all very strange and the other thing is, the claimant drove her disabled daughter to school the next day and the ramp was clearly working then, plus she never once approached me? There is no cameras there eother.
    i would appreciate some help on this matter please
    Tags: None

You are insured and your insurer's are dealing with the matter.
    All you can do is tell them ALL you know and SUSPECT
    If she has a witness about you running over her ramp, do you have a witness to her using the ramp the following day?
    I would expect your insurers to be asking her to produce an invoice/receipt for the repair of the ramp? What is the date on that invoice?
    Who is the witness? Is it possible she wasn't at the school that date? Did the witness have children at the school at that time?

Your insurers (especially if the claim is being dealt with by an outsourced unit) might be content just to settle the claim rather than fight it as it might prove cheaper for them

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Your insurers (especially if the claim is being dealt with by an outsourced unit) might be content just to settle the claim rather than fight it as it might prove cheaper for them
      Unfortunately I had this, a man claimed I reversed into his car, caused his car to be written off with no damage to my car at all, unfortunately as it was his word against mine & I was claimed to have been reversing my insurance company paid out. More galling is that he claimed he'd had exactly the same accident 2 days before
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X