• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Penalty Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty Charge

I disgusted at the way I have been treated concerning two penalty charges I received this.
    i was put on my medication in 2016 when I had a heart problem
    i was living in wales at the time and lived in north wales for 42 years. I never paid for my medication as prescription charges are excempt in wales.
    so when I moved to Derbyshire after I got married I was still getting my medication but I had to buy a certificate
    nobody explained that I could get a 12 month certificate
    i was getting 6 months at a time without any problems
    tge problem started this year when I had keyhole surgery on my heart I paid my certificate up to June
    but not realising my certificate was not Valid I was fined
    for get my medication I paid most of of but soon after my 60th birthday in july. I received another penalty fine for
    medication my wife had picked up for me but this time
    I didnnt need it because my heart consultion told me I didn’t need to take any more medication so on my next visit to the heart and chest hospital in Liverpool I handed all my medication to the Pham cavy at the hospital. I explain that this was a genuine mistake by my wife on collecting the medication so I appealed against it
    twice and I received a email telling me my appeal was unsuccessful and that they have had a surcharge of 52.00 on my fine this is disgusting
    I look at the website and I read that I should of been informed before 60th birthday that I should of been informed about my certicate running out nobody told me that my was running out otherwise I would of paid the 35.00 instead now I having to pay
    over 300 for penalty charge tickets which I have paid 100.00
    surly there’s other people out there having the same trouble
    i been so stressed with it that my AF as come back and now I will have to go back on medication but this time I wouldn’t need to worry about fines because I am 60 years old.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X