• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge at Holy Trinity Church Newquay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge at Holy Trinity Church Newquay

I was charged £100 discounted to £60 if paid within 14 days for what seems to be a1 minute overstay according to the times shown from the camera when entering and then leaving 4 hours and 1 minute later. From the letter it does not state clear whether I am being charged for not paying or for overstaying. I have appealed and the amount was reduced to £20 as in their words a gesture of good will, this lead’s me to think I am being charged for overstaying. Surely there is no way I could have PARKED for over the 4 hours considering I had to find a parking space walk to the ticket machine wait for the man in front of me to finish then enter my details. I naturally assumed that my 4 hours started from then not from my entering. I feel very reluctant to pay this £20 as being a law abiding citizen all my life and a pensioner too. I wonder what I should do.
    Tags: None

Who is the parking company? You are correct that the parking starts when you pay to start the contract. The parking companies are supposed to give a grace period after parking. That's in their Code of Practise.

Post up a redacted copy of the PCN you received,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X