• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAR to PPO and BW Legal were sent over a week ago, but only BW Legal have replied with an acknowledgement but no details.
    I'm trying to prepare the defence but without any further information as the SAR were not actioned and I believe they can take more than the 7 days I requested.
    Am I correct in still submitting the defence without any further correspondence from PPO and BW Legal?
    Do I need to put in the defence that SAR was sent to PPO but without any response?

Comment

Greetings, excellent information about the services offered and i will take you into account when you need the same thanks.

Comment

SAR to PPO and BW Legal were sent over a week ago, but only BW Legal have replied with an acknowledgement but no details.
        I'm trying to prepare the defence but without any further information as the SAR were not actioned and I believe they can take more than the 7 days I requested.

Do I need to put in the defence that SAR was sent to PPO but without any response?

Comment

state on such a date a DSAR request was made to xxxxxxxx no response received at this date did you send DSAR Recorded Delivery?

Comment

The SAR was sent recorded delivery

Comment

Originally posted by Whitecroft75 View Post
              The SAR was sent recorded delivery
              good keep copy of signature

Comment

I've just received the details from PPO as a result of my SAR to them.
                The photos are dark. Only a registration number and headlights are seen.
                Also PPO had apparently issued a Parking Charge Notice on the 13/3/18 requesting a charge of £100 with a discount charge of £60 if paid within 14 days.
                I received a Reminder Notice on 11/4/18 saying that I had been sent a Parking Charge Notice on 13/3/18 stating that a charge of £100 was still outstanding and it would increase to £150 if unpaid.
                The incident allegedly took place on 25/2/18.
                I never recieved the Parking Charge Notice as suggested.
                and until now I had never been presented with any alleged details of the alleged incident.
                I have already submitted my defence before receiving the SAR response.
                The photo stills are poor but the registration plate is readable.
                The original Parking Charge Notice was never received.
                If accurate the Parking Charge Notice was sent on the 16th day after the alleged incident and received around the 18th or 19th day after the alkedged incident.
                Purely based on POFA this timeline does not comply.
                Also the fact I never received the Parking Notice as the Keeper does that re inforce my defence together with poor photos.
                The colour make or model of the vehicle cannot even be identified.
                Surely this is a strong enough defence

Comment

Any opinions?

Comment

@ostell

Comment

If you, as the keeper did not receive the notice within 14 days then they cannot hold you liable

Comment

Thank you.
                        The defence has been received by the County Court and I presume I just have to wait for the outcome.
                        I'm not clear about the next process. Does the PPO see my defence and able to reply or do the courts decide now?

Comment

28 days they have to respond or it case gets parked up and they have to pay to continue

Comment

Purely based on the timeline they will not be able to hold me lisble as the keeper, so it should get thrown out even if they did respond.
                            I'm waiting for the SAR response from BW Legal.

Comment

ostell
                              ​​​​​​
                              @mike770

Attached is the response I received
                              BW Legal Notice of Intention to Proceed.pdf

Can a CCJ still be served as indicated?
                              BW Legal still have not supplied a response to the SAR yet
                              The letter also states that I may be liable to pay PPO costs in addition to the sum already claimed - even though the original sum claimed has inflated 'solicitors costs' which the POFA does not permit.

Comment

MIKE770

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X