• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where there’s a Will- if you can find it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where there’s a Will- if you can find it?

My 20 year old Grandaughter’s father deserted the family 3 months after she was born and went to live in Australia, and made no contact since . Her paternal Grandfather said he would leave his estate to her because of the his only son’s desertion. Her grandad died 3 years ago and he heard nothing (maybe he didn’t make a Will?) Two years later her Great grandfather died.
    2 months ago my daughter was contacted by a Solicitor asking the whereabouts of her ex partner as he had inherited an estate from his Grandfather (My granddaughter's Great Grandfather). She informed the solicitor that she didn’t know his whereabouts as it was 20 years ago.
    The wayward son has now been traced in Australia and is returning to the UK after to inherit estate of his Grandfather.
    I checked the Gov. website to find a will and the letter of administration which leaves the estate to the wayward son.
    I have checked the Gov. trace a will but cannot find any trace of his fathers death or will?
    Maybe if her grandfather didn’t make a Will the estate may have gone to his father who outlived him?
    Where can I find if a Will was made or not? The confusion could be that the Son, Father & Grandfather have exactly the same Christian and surnames.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X