• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting from Primark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting from Primark

Hi Everyone,

5 years ago I had the wrong idea to steal goods from Primark. I got caught and directed to the back room. My details were taken, photo taken, ... the police hasn't been called; however I received a letter soon after requesting to pay fees/penalties/fines. I cannot remember who the letter was from, nor where I had to pay the fees. This whole experience remains a huge lesson learned.

I am now thinking to apply for the citizenship, but I'm wondering if this has to be mentionned on the application form as they are doing background checks, even though the police hasn't been involved.
    Would this be on a criminal record? a criminal conviction? a civil penalty? a caution (simple or conditional)? a warning? a reprimand?

I am stressing out as I do not want to lie by not including it on the application, but I also do not want to include it if it doesn't have it place on it.

Thank you very much in advance for your responses.
    Tags: None

Police were not called so there is no criminal record.no criminal conviction, no civil penalty, no caution (simple or conditional) no warning no reprimand

The letter requesting money was not a penalty, a fee . a fine or any other type of sanction.
    It was solely a demand for made up damages, which you did not have to pay.
    It is purely a civil matter but not a penalty sanctioned by court and should not appear any official records.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X