• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Britannia Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britannia Parking

Hello

I am new to this group, so hello. Please can someone help me. In short...

I received a parking ticket from Britannia Parking, they did not give the address of the car park, nor details of the contravention. I could only contact them through the appeals page, the was no other way I could get in touch. I used their online form but explained that it was not an appeal but a fact finding request so that I could place an appeal.

They took it as an appeal and turned me down and gave me a POPLA code. With no details I could not appeal to POPLA. I wrote several times to Britannia asking for the details of the contravention and they avoided answering me until it was too late.

Eventually I got the answer, that I had mixed up didgets on my numberplate entry on their machine. I am dyslexic and was diagnosed in 2003. I tried to appeal, but my POPLA code had expired. Neither POPLA not Britannia would reissue a code.

I have written to both several times. Britannia Parking no longer reply, they have told me they won't respond any longer and that they are taking me to court. POPLA have an exceptional circumstances policy, but wont use this for me.

I have tried really hard to get help and support from CAB and the FB group Beat the Baliffs, I have read information on the Martin's Money Saving Tips website. I cannot get the help I need. CAB told me to get a credit card to pay the £160 fine. That is not good advice.

I am being taken to court. I am extremely scared. I am very poorly with a heart condition.i don't have the money to pay them. I am bed bound with the stress. I think the court is in Birmingham so I can't attend due to my disability. I read the POPLA annual report which states that guidance is that drivers should not be punished for mistakes and that a fee to cover the costs of contacting DVLA is acceptable. I have written to Britannia Parking and offered £20 to cover those fees.

What should I do? I am aware now that I have done this all completely wrong. I am naieve and honest. These people are such bullies.

Please can someone help me?
    Tags: None

Have you actually received a claim form from Northampton? Normally any claim would be heard at your local court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X