• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NHS parking fine, unaware of CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS parking fine, unaware of CCJ

Hello everyone,

I really appreciate any advice and I have read the newbie thread so have an idea where to start, but would just like to seek clarification before I take any action as this PCN was issued by an NHS trust.

I moved house in November 2018, post redirected for 6 months post move. Credit file was 900+ until I checked today and it’s plummeted to 600 due to a CCJ registered in August 2019! It appears that an NHS trust has issued a CCJ against me as a result of a windscreen parking notice Being issued whilst the vehicle I was registered Keeper of was parked on their staff car park. I am the registered keeper but most definitely was not the driver!

The first I knew of this fine was when I today discovered the CCJ and contacted the court to see what it was about, I have rang the solicitors and promptly paid the amount £170, I recognise I acted in haste but I panicked as the driver didn’t inform me of this PCN. They say they sent four letters to my former address prior to issue of proceedings, apparently these were sent from 2016 when the PCN was issued.

I would like to set this judgement aside as My once perfect credit file is now destroyed, I am not responsible for this PCN and finally I never received any court documents, in fact the solicitors today confirmed that they received some of their correspondence back to them with the note ‘return to sender’.

Am I right to complete the N244 application and pay my fee on the basis that they can’t assume the keeper is the driver and also that I didn’t receive the court papers

Thanks very much in advance.
    Tags: None

I originally posted the above on money saving expert forum and was kindly advised to seek legal advice on their forum, it seems I have complicated matters by panicking and paying the Solicitors however I can prove that I was not the driver of the car at the time the parking fine was issued and the fact remains I have not had opportunity to defend this as the papers were served at my former address.

Finally, I only paid it because I read on the internet to pay a CCJ as soon as you are aware of it, I didn’t know that the CCJ can’t be removed once satisfied

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X