• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice required. RE: Buildings Insurance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required. RE: Buildings Insurance.

My property was slowly flooded from a burst water main, claim was fully accepted by insurers whom promptly instructed a company to evaluate and dry the property out. As it is a ground floor apartment everything had to be removed, It was completely stripped of everything right back to a empty shell. That was two years ago and everyone is blaming one another as to why its taking so long. i'm disabled i'm in alternate accommodation that isn't best suited for my needs, im 1000s out of pocket. and there are other legal issues arising due to being in temporary accommodation for over two years. Please can anyone assist with advice as im at my wits end please.
    Tags: None

sorry to hear of your problems. but you haven't given much information for us to give you pointers.

My initial reaction is that you make a formal complaint to the insurers (not the claims company if they have farmed your claim out) and copy in the CEO.
    Stress how the temporary accommodation they have provided is not suitable and that two years is unsatisfactory.
    Point out the 2016 Enterprise Act inserted a new section 13A into the 2015 Insurance Act, which introduced a new implied term into all insurance contracts entered into on or after 4 May 2017. This requires insurers to pay claims within a 'reasonable time' and allow you to claim damages for the delay

Comment

Hi Des I have complained to the insurers and its been with the ombudsman for months I'm sure its had a negative effect on progress. Im loosing my will to constantly fight for my rights. I just want my home back.

Comment

So what was the insurers response, and who are they?

Comment

Hi Des are you still hear.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Hi Des are you still hear.

Comment

Are you still hear Des

Comment

Yeah....lead a very dull life

Comment

Hello Des. I still haven't got my home back from the insurance, I am still in temp accomodation.

Comment

Yeah....lead a very dull life
                    Hello Des. I still haven't got my home back from the insurance, I am still in temp accomodation. I keep geting a invalid server response

Comment

It's been almost 3 years now.

Comment

It's been almost 3 years now. Error
                        Invalid server response.

Please try again.

Comment

There seems to be a glitch in the system.
                          When the notice comes up hit the refresh button (at least it works for me)

What was the ombudsman response?
                          Name of insurer?
                          What excuses are they giving for delays in sorting out your home?

Comment

The ombudsman was useless however I dont think I did things right. The insurers are Zurich, the builders have been sacked by the loss adjuster and they have appointed new builders to finish, but they are still on lockdown according to the loss adjusters.

Comment

The refresh button has helped many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X