• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKCPS parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKCPS parking charge

I’ve been sent an invoice from UKCPS for breach of contract. My car was parked on my own private car parking bay which is bespoke to my address.

Unfortunately my car had been off site in a garage for a week due to being in an accident and I had removed my parking permit as I wasn’t sure my car would be coming home. Upon returning back my parking spike had been damaged and I had to remove it before parking. I forgot to return my permit immediately and received a charge within a few hours of returning home.

UKCPS have at all times including through the IAS ignored my mitigating circumstances. My argument is that the private parking bay is my own and it’s bespoke to my property that I pay rent on. I wasn’t trespassing either. The parking permit has been in my car for many years prior to UKCPS patrolling my estate, and displaying the permit did not in itself mean I agreed to their ‘contact’ of being able to park.

They have gone to Arbitration meaning my argument will not be heard. When I go to court is my argument reasonable that I proved to them that I was indeed not trespassing on private land as the parking bay is bespoke to me/my property and I did in fact have a parking permit confirming this?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

So what does your lease say about parking, and what does your landlord's lease say about parking?

And what do the signs say?

The permit is for the convenience of the operatives and any contract is denied.

Comment

Hello

My Tenancy agreement dating from 2002 under tenants obligations regarding Vehicles:

Where there is on the Premises a properly constructed driveway (there is) to keep and park any vehicle owned by you or your family of the household or visitor within the boundary of the premises.

With a separate attachment saying: Parking of Vehicles must only be in the allocated parking space.

There has been no amendments to this and pre dates UKCPS patrols by 16 years.

Their signs are all over the estate including one put up on the outer wall of my brick shed (with out my consent)

Its says of course it’s stopping Tress-pass on Private property and you need to show a parking permit. Which for a few hours I didn’t.

Will my Tenancy agreement support my argument that I was parked on my own property within my boundaries?

Kindest regards

Comment

It depends on what your landlords lease says so it would be helpful to contact the landlord and ask if the parking space is his property and demised to him.

But it's looking good.

Comment

Hello

Thank you for advice.

The Tenancy agreement is with my Landlord (Home Group Housing Association).

The Parking Permit was issued by Home Group years before UKCPS took charge of my estate, and in itself was used to confirm each residential bespoke car parking bay.

May I ask what is meant by ‘contract is denied’ regarding the display of parking permit?

Again, Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X