• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine gone to county court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine gone to county court

Need help with ppc taking registered keeper to court
    Tags: None

Need a little more information than that, such as the Notice to Keeper and the signs

Comment

Yes i made another post with all info there

Comment

so i been ignoring letters from civil enforcement ltd since last year October after my father had a appointment at a clinic that the parking is operated by cel. it is a small car park right next to a pharmacy and dental clinic and upon entering theres a residents parking only sign but if u go to the pharmacy or the clinic they got a iPad there where you can type your reg in for free parking. my father also had a blue badge so thinking he could park free anyway he didn't thought about the parking and never saw the signs and no one in reception told him to type in his reg for free parking. after 2 weeks we received a pcn through the post i had the appointment letter,photocopied it and posted it to them recorded delivery still got receipt to prove but they reject the letter was told to ignore as you sent them a letter so they wont take you to court but they kept sending letters till this week but have sent a county claim form instead now my father was just the driver not the registered keeper any advice on a defence will be highly appreciated

Comment

So pointless putting the info across 2 threads

Still no NTK or Signs.

Comment

Sorry this is my first time doing something like this, the NTK is my mother who happens to be the registered keeper of the mobility car that was involved and my father was driving at the time of the charge
            i have uploaded a pic of the sign that's at the front enterance of the car park.
            if this is not what you asked for please can you give me more info as to what you are looking for.
            Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

This is where my father there's no sign to tell him to enter reg as you can see from pic
              Attached Files

Comment

So it looks as though the driver has been identified to CEL Ýes ir No?

So has anyone bothered to complain to the surgery?

The sign is prohibiting. Here's some text about this.

The signage in the car park is of a “forbidding” nature. It is limited to cars displaying a valid permit only and therefore the terms cannot apply to cars without a permit because the signage does not offer an invitation to park on certain terms. The terms are forbidding. This means that there was never a contractual relationship. I refer you to the following case law: PCM-UK v Bull et all B4GF26K6 [2016], UKPC v Masterson B4GF26K6[2016], Horizon Parking v Mr J C5GF17X2 [2016] – In all three of these cases the signage was found to be forbidding and thus only a trespass had occurred and would be a matter for the landowner.

The leaflet supplied with a blue badge does mention that it is not applicable on private are land

Comment

Thanks for the reply, no the driver has not been identified and i have complained at reception but they said they can't really do anything about it even tho they are the owners of the land, i did read on there google reviews that couple of other people got a pcn for parking there also but think they just paid it because its a bit of a hassle.
                  I have also filled in for AOC on the website to give me a further 14 days to file a defence in that time I'm hoping that CEL will cancel the claim.
                  i read on MSE that you should ask for SAR so shall i do that?

Comment

Yes SAR the parking company for all the information they hold about you,

Letter to the solicitor requesting all the documents that the intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you, as expected by the courts. You expect these by return or at the very latest within 7 days.

Comment

Okay Thanks will do that tommorow, I'm not sure who the solicters are i haven't got any previous letters as i chucked them in the bin all i got is one from drp and the claim form, i did get a letter before court but thought they were bluffing so chucked it straight in the bin and can't remember the name of that letter now. Shall i ring the court tomorrow and find out tomorrow?

Comment

So what have you a actually received ? A claim form from Northampton or a letter before claim from ??

Comment

I have received a claim form from Northampton but it hasn't got the solicters that are acting behalf of CEL

Comment

Hi i sent the sar and have received particulars of claim im trying to upload but the files size is too big

Comment

I have uploaded any advice on what to do next
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X