• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sold dodgy vehicle from a car dealership 🙄

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold dodgy vehicle from a car dealership 🙄

Hi

This group came highly recommended by a good friend and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a car over a month ago and the vehicle broke down within 3 hours of purchase and less than 100miles driven.

A recovery vehicle was required to complete my journey home at a cost of £170.

The dealership are not accepting responsibility stating that the vehicle was sold with no warranty.

I have wrote to them twice, requesting a reply within 14 days each time, and have heard nothing back (both letters sent recorded delivery and confirmed as signed for)

Letter 1 - I quoted the consumer rights act that the vehicle was faulty within 30 days and requested a full refund and reimbursement of recovery vehicle cost

Letter 2 - The same as letter 1 and also asked if they were part of a alternative dispute resolution scheme or an ombudsmen

I've had no reply to both letters and am seeking advice on the best next action.

Guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Nasir
    Tags: None

Is the dealership a limited company or a sole trader?
    What was the cost of the vehicle?
    Its age & mileage?
    What was date of purchase?
    What was date of your first contact with dealers reporting problem and requesting refund?
    What was date of your first letter rejecting vehicle?
    Have you told dealer you will initiate court action?

Comment

Hi Des8

I think they are a limited company but not certain. I've checked companies house and there are several records for London Motors Ltd but with addresses that don't match up with the dealership i visited. The records show of 2 which have dissolved within a year so could be the same dealership that close up and setup again under a new director. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/s...=london+motors

The vehicle was advertised for £3000 but i purchased for £2700. It's a 2005 vehicle and had just under 100,000 miles

Vehicle purchased - August 8th 2019
      Phone call made - August 8th 2019 (Voicemail) & August 9th 2019
      First Letter sent - August 14th 2019
      Second letter sent - September 4th 2019

I've tried to be reasonable in my approach so far but the next stage i feel is to initiate court action

I've attached the letters I've sent to this message

Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X