• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stansted macdonalds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stansted macdonalds

Hi, my son has received a £100 fine for overstating in Macdonalds car park Stansted. He has evidence of purchasing a meal but, it was a busy evening and they got his order completely wrong, so had to wait for longer for his food. I've read different advice from, you dont need to pay the fine, dont declare the driver to pay it as you will get a CCJ....private companies surely cant get away charging this....is there any advice that can be offered....many thanks in advance...he parked on 15/08 we only just received the letter in last couple of days for £100...kindest regards to anyone that can help...I am not legally minded so need any advice written as if I am still at primary school
    Tags: None

So post up a copy of the PCN suitably redacted but leave dates. Edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver........." etc.

If the notice is not received within 14 days (if there is no windscreen ticket) then they cannot transfer liability from the driver to the keeper. The keeper does not have to identify the driver at the time so if they dont know the driver they are stumped.

It is not a fine, merely an invoice but ignore has not been the advice for 7years.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am just trying to work out how to edit the post, once I've found out I will re-post as per your advice.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Darleneb1972 View Post
        Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am just trying to work out how to edit the post, once I've found out I will re-post as per your advice.

Regards
        Blue line at bottom of post, towards the right: "Edit"

And on this site I believe the company is "Smart" who have problems getting it correct

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X