• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed ive messed up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed ive messed up

I have been caught stealing from the till at work before disaplinary could start i was suspended on full pay and i resigned as i was so terrified. What happens now?
    Tags: None

Another person in a similar position.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...should-i-be-on

What will happen:
    a) Nothing
    or
    b) You are charged with theft, and if convicted by a court, sentenced.

What would the sentence be?
    Answer Don't know

What can you do to avoid b)
    Answer: Nothing

But if you return the money you stole immediately, if you end up in court and make a guilty plea, your sentence might be lighter.

Good Luck!

Comment

Thank you for your reply the other post states that she has made an error not stolen. I have not had it confirmed the amount stolen but im estimating. If i resigned and admitted no guilt should i still return the money based on what i estimate i have taken to pay telephone bill childcare and fuel. I am so ashame

Comment

Do you think its likely it will be a custodial sentence? I have never done anything like this before im ashame of my conduct and am desperatly sorry for my actions.

Comment

Please advise what i should do next shpuld i try and get another job
          should i go back and make full confrssion to work
          should i hand myself in at pplice station

Comment

Do nothing and get yourself another job

Comment

What and deal with it when the police come to get me?

Comment

If the police come to interview you, they won't "come and get you"

Normally your act would have been considered gross misconduct which allows instant dismissal. You weren't so they may just write it off or there are doubts.

Comment

I recieved in the post a letter telling me the accept my resignation and the investigation will continue but i do not need to attend
                  depending on the outcome police may be notified
                  i have 7 days to add any information to support the investigation
                  they will be in contact when investigation is concluded and i have the opportunity to address any irregulsritirs found should i wish to do so

what should i do now
                  this is so scarey im so ashamed

Comment

Please advise
                    when thr contact me with a conclusion do i admit guilt and offer to pay back

Comment

Can anyone help do i admit and offer to pay back when they conclude there investigation

Comment

Any advice on the letter i recieved please

Comment

efpom

Comment

Post up the letter.

Comment

ostell

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X