• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SORN vehicle taken away by Manchester Vehicle Pound from my Private gated car Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SORN vehicle taken away by Manchester Vehicle Pound from my Private gated car Park

I registered my car as off the road (SORN) since 2 years and parked in my private gated car park. only to find it disappeared from my car park (gate has been faulty for a while now). I therefore filled a report with the police yesterday, and they called back to tell me its been taken by the Manchester vehicle pound for "No MOT". And that I will have to make all sort of payments.

Can someone please advise me of my legal right in this instance.
    Tags: None

You can apply for an order of the court under Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 probably 3(2)

Before doing so, I would write to to the owner of the pound, probably the local council, demanding the return of the vehicle to the place it was taken from giving it 7 days to return.

Comment

Sorn is only valid for one year, did your RE-sorn it for the second year?

Comment

SORN has no expiry date - it extinguishes when VED is paid on the vehicle.

Comment

It sounds as if the council has removed the vehicle for being abandoned. One of your neighbours who has use of the land must have reported it.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/report-no-mot

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
              SORN has no expiry date - it extinguishes when VED is paid on the vehicle.
              My bad - it used to expire.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X