• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vt a car with a warning light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vt a car with a warning light

Hi I have a range rover on hp finance with black horse. The car is now not worth even 3k but I owe much more than that on finance and with the new diesel tax its cheaper for me to get into a new pcp. However the car has a warning light for suspension, I took the car for investigation and turns out it has a few problem that would cost in excess of 7k to fix. I would like to vt as I have paid 50% the car is drivable and drives well, the suspension still goes up and down am I allowed to vt with this issue?
    Tags: None

There isn't anything stopped you from carrying out a VT because that's your legal right.

That said, it would be sensible to mention in your VT letter that a warning light has appeared relating to the suspension so they can't argue they were caught by surprise.

I would also expect BH to pursue you for damages and allege that you failed to reasonably take care of the car. I guess that's a moot point because whilst you are required to take reasonable care whilst it is in your possession, if the repairs have been necessary because of natural wear and tear, then it might be open to you to argue that you aren't liable to pay any damages because up until that point you did take reasonable care of the car mechanically - I am assuming you did.

If the contract terms also say you aren't liable for wear and tear you could point to that as your get out of jail card and say the reason why you terminated was because the cost of repair outweighed the cost of termination and your reasons for termination does not mean you failed to take reasonable care, rather the car is not worth continuing with.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X