• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Non Molestation Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Molestation Order

Hi, I took out a non mol against my husband in June of this year. He’s a good man but damaged by PTSD. He has done a great deal to get himself better. I think I was misled by police, solicitor and others and couldn’t believe the order was for a year. I want to lift it and rebuild our relationship. How do I convince a judge?
    Tags: None

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ng-proceedings

Comment

Thanks I know about that, but how do I convince the judge? Any suggestions: they seem to be very reluctant.

Comment

I don't think that anyone could possibly be able to formulate any plea, without a detailed knowledge of the circumstances.

I assume that the terms of the Order were that there be no contact between you, except via your legal representatives, that he stays away from the home, that he can only see his children in a neutral supervised setting, and that a power of arrest is attached to the Order.

Further, the subject of the Order may object to it's removal, because he wants YOU to keep away from him, not least because it might hamper his recovery from PTSD - if one can ever fully recover from that.

I think your first step is to retain a solicitor to act for you, so as to contact him saying that you wish to attempt to reconcile and see if he is amenable to that proposal.

Good luck to you both.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X