• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received court claim whilst complaint in progress with fos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So today I recieved my sar from Lowell's....in it they've sent someone elses letter! Seems Lowell's think they're law to themselves! I'm now in the process of reporting the data breach which I'm minded to inform the persons whose data I have as well!!

Comment

the ICO are the people to talk to about the letters not yours - sight into them

Comment

The ico aren't interested as the data is not my own, apparently it's up to lowell to report the breach!!! Lowell haven't even responded to me after I've reported it to them......pretty pointless having data protection laws, what company/organisation is going to report their own failures especially a company such as lowell!

Comment

they need to be told as in the past of personal information being received which under data protection belongs to another person,

Comment

For anyone out there who finds this post, lowell sent a return special delivery return envelope for their data breach....been a tax paying working person on a low wage I wasnt in when it came so now I have to go and collect said special 1pm delivery....they send their apologies of course for me receiving someone elses personal complaint letter! I doubt they'll report themselves to the ico....!!!
            lowell have also now added the fees etc into my credit report.....is this allowed?? I've just dropped on my already rubbish credit!! Advice on disputing this appreciated but I doubt I'll get anywhere as even telling lowell I've complained to the fos doesn't seem to bother them when it comes to court action
            , what's the point?

Comment

Pt- sorry I cant seem to fathom on my phone how to tag but your previous post on asking Lowell's to withdraw their claim how would I do this?

Comment

inform ICO if you wish (I would but that is me) keep copy safe as may be leverage later on, send back but keep copy of all letters etc from Lowells in date order incl the apologies etc

Comment

To round this up in case this helps anyone else, people who follow the almighty debt camel sara Williams will know shop direct have come to some sort of an agreement with the FOS.
                  in my case I offered lowells a £200 settlement in light of their errors and as goodwill or would continue my complaint against them, which in my non legal education i believed theyd gone against CONC regulations in bringing the claim to the court. They agreed to the settlement I offered (I put a time end on the offer) they accepted the offer and court claim was stopped in January. Shop direct back in May offered a redress before the FOS had time to investigate which I accepted. I'm 600 quid in pocket, shop direct have removed all default markers and lowells and the court case have gone. My credit score jumped 88 points last month.
                  I might not have had much direct help from this site but hours of reading and educating myself has changed my financial situation for the better!
                  I recommend anyone with a shop direct reads sara Williams and debt camel and this site!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X