• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim for old Premier Parking Solutions parking notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim for old Premier Parking Solutions parking notice

Hello, I received a parking notice 3 years ago whilst parked at my work. I was a registered user of the car park, but had changed my vehicle. I went to our reception to collect a day pass until the new regular permit arrived, and displayed it on the windscreen. However they issued me with a ticket, as it seemed to have slipped down the side. I wrote to the company by email to send a picture of the ticket to ask if they consider letting it go, but they refused. I didn't realise there were so many forums of support back then, so just did what I thought was best, seeing as I had a right to park there and naively thought they would be understanding.

Since then, I received numerous letters, which I ignored, I moved a few times, so hadn't received anything further for a while. Yesterday I received a Claim Form saying they will be taking me to court over this. Please can anybody provide me with any assistance on this one? I am prepared to defend myself, and have already submitted my acknowledgement of service to prepare a defence.

The particulars of the claim are;
    The Claimant's claim is for the sum of £124.08 being monies due form the Defendant to the Claimant in respect of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued on 13/05/2016 (Issue Date) at 11:57:49 at Plymouth Science Park, Plymouth.
    The PCN relates to (VEHICLE DETAILS)
    The terms of the PCN allowed the defendant 28 days from the Issue Date to pay the PCN, but the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.
    The Claim also includes Statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the COunty Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum....... to an amount of £24.08
    The Claimant also claims £60 contractual costs pursuant to PCN Terms and Conditions.

This all totals £259.08 with court fees and legal representation.

I'm aware I may have done things incorrectly in the first instance with my email appeal, but that is now gone.

I have already written to my old place of work to obtain a letter confirming employment, and the Science park to get a letter confirming my employers tenancy at the park, and confirmation I was an authorised parker who had a permit.

Do I have a strong case if I get these letters? I didn't actually do anything wrong, except let the ticket slip down, but I was allowed to park there in terms of being employed and having a valid permit for my other vehicle.

Looking forward to responses/ideas.

Thank you,
    Natalie.
    Tags: None

Hello, Have I done something wrong or left something out? I could really do with some help, but have had no responses. Let me know if more information is required, not that I have much more I don't think...

Comment

Sorry it got missed.

You object to th extra £60 as the PCN is incapable of creating a contract.

Has the driver been identified? Yes or No

You had permission from the landholders to park and did not require another contract with Premier to park.

Comment

Hello again, thank you for responding, I have been away and did not see it. I expect I have identified the driver as myself when I appealed. I did have permission from the landowners, so that is a good thing. Hopefully this will be enough. I will start my defence now. Not sure how to write it properly/professionally

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X