• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge notice

Hi, I received a parking charge notice from CP plus, saying we exceeded the free parking period on 3rd of June, but I only received the charge on 4th of July. I've been reading if it's a postal notice it should be sent within 14 days of the charge? I should also add it was a hired vehicle, would this make a difference? Anybody else had this and won an appeal? Please!
    Tags: None

Comment

They are allowed extra time, quite a lot of it, to get the notice to the hirer to a hirer.

Is this notice actually addressed to you or is it addressed to the lease company and been forwarded on to you by them?

Comment

It says nothing about the hirer anywhere? It's addressed to me and sites me as the registered keeper at the time. This is what is confusing me, I've read all the other parking notices posts, but as this is a hired vehicle I'm not sure on the procedure? It says the vehicle details were checked with DVLA and I was either the registered keeper or the registered keeper has named me as the driver, but there's no mention of the hire company, then it goes on to say if the vehicle has been hired please provide a statement and hire agreement copy? Plus I should name the driver?
        Last edited by hadenuffofit; 20th July 2019, 15:13:PM.

Comment

Stop hinting at who could gave been the rhe driver, edit your posts

With that notice did you get a copy of the hire agreement and a copy of the PCN sent to the hire company

Looks they have really screwed up matters.

sirs

I am the hirer/keeper of vehicle VRM and have received your PCN xxxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to provide the documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You can not therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me the hirer/keeper.

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that you will be taking no further action in this matter and my details have been removed from your records.

yours etc

send so that it arrives on day19 after the date on the letter so that they cannot reissue a compluant notice within the relevant time

Here's POFA: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted Have read to see what it is all about.
          Last edited by ostell; 20th July 2019, 15:07:PM.

Comment

Brilliant, I will do this and let you know. Thanks very much!
            ​​​

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X