• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set-aside after baliff collects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set-aside after baliff collects

Hello,

I would like to ask for some help and google has pointed me this way.

I won a ccj against a company, they didn't pay so I got a high court writ and got my money. But then the company applied for a set aside the very same day. That was accepted by the court and a hearing was ordered. At the hearing the judge set it aside.

So I suppose the high court people have to give the company the money back... Fine, but do I now have to pay myself for the baliffs fees or do the baliffs chase the debtor for them?
    Tags: None

Hello, I am wondering if anyone on here could answer the question?

So now I have a court date for the main hearing. The High Court Baliffs had to refund the money to the defendant after they applied for a set aside on the very same day the debt was collected and the subsequent hearing was set aside.

The writ is still live apparently so if I win at the main hearing then I can send the Baliffs in again.

If I lose, however, do I pay the fees for the first visit the Baliffs made?

I am basically asking whether I am liable for the first lot of fees whatever the outcome.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X