• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Housing association and parking allocations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing association and parking allocations

Hi,
    We are tenants of Nottinghill housing, and for more than 100 tenants we are less than 45 parkings with first come,first serve and no pay and display parking.
    The worst part is that recently I found out some tenants have allocated parking spaces and one block even have allocated parking in gated parking area.
    People have been receiving parking charges for more than 6 years as they have no other parking option, as a result lots of people have CCJ and have to pay CPM big amounts,one £20,000 , one 11,500, one already paid more than 8,000,....
    They have offered affordable housing but by not providing enough parking spaces have compensated themselves and ruined people's life.
    We believe the whole management setup of this estate is bias and illegal,CPM has interest in Colindale hospital management, and Nottinghil has no authority to employ CPM to manage this estate.
    Other estates close by, each flat has allocated parking space plus pay and display parking for visitors but we do not have and therefore we even have lost social life as nobody,nobody comes to visit us.
    A barrister will charge us £3,000 to have a look at our case which is not affordable for lots of people,considering most of them are on benefit or very low income.

Any help appreciated
    Homeira
    Tags: None

Hi Homi & welcome to LB.

Have you tracked down who the registered owner of the land might be?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me.

This is a brief history which is very confusing.

we live on a development called the Pulse in colindale north london which is situated directly behind colindale underground station (32 charcot road Nw9 5yw ) the development was developed by fairview homes,upon finishing the development the properties where sold to private purchasers and to the housing trust the developers also formed a company called colindale hospital management ltd and registered it at company house.
      This company was dormant as i understand until the managing agent (Crabtree) of the housing association took it over. Colindale Hospital Management Company Limited was created in December 2010 by Fairview New Homes to manage the 1087 units of the development. Each property owner of the Pulse development is a member of the Management Company( www.colindalepulse.com/faq.html .) although it was set up so each property owner was a member of this they are unaware of this and the company is not run to allow people to vote on decisions as if people where aware they would not be allowing this car park company to manage land we all pay service charge for as they are ruthless and ticket everyone regardless of what time or day or night they come round .
      The managing agents are crabtree property management who have been instructed by nottinghill housing association to engage with a private parking company called UK Car Park Management

Comment

Crabtree appears to be listed as company secretary of CHM Co Ltd.
        There appears to be 2 bods who excercise day-to day control of CHM.

https://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/coli...ited-07058473/
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you for the information.
          That is what has caused our concerns, Crabtree is the secretary of CHM, CHM has filled account for 31/10/17 but has zero activity, see attached.
          CHM has sold land to Fairview, Fairview has sold some to leaseholders and some to Nottinghill.

Initial involvement of Crabtree was to collect service charges, then they got involved with CPM for parking tickets, it's where the involvement became vague.

That's why we need a contract law solicitor who also be affordable as this is an affordable housing association dump corner and if they had money they would go and rent privately somewhere else.

Sorry if I reply with delay, I am so busy at work.

Thank you
          Homeira CHM account 2017.pdf

Comment

It may be possible to contact your Local Authority to find out who pays rates for the applicable piece of land.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X