• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello and JBW problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and JBW problem

Hi my name is Maggie. I’ve got a JBW problem. My husband got letter telling him about dart charge penalty. Original penalty was £400 he didn’t pay his crossing because he lost his job and we didn’t had enough money to do so. Now JBW telling us to pay £750 and are not accepting £20 a month payment. We are on low income and getting UC and housing benefit, what we should do now please ?
    Tags: None

Contact Citizens advice.
    Check if bailiffs should treat you as vulnerable

You can be vulnerable in lots of different situations, for example if:
    • you’re disabled
    • you’re seriously ill
    • you have mental health problems
    • you have children or are pregnant - especially if you’re a single parent
    • your age makes it hard for you to deal with bailiffs - usually if you’re under 18 or over 65
    • you don’t speak or read English well

You can also be classed as vulnerable if you’ve been through recent stressful or emotional circumstances. For example becoming unemployed, being a victim of crime, or having someone close to you die.

Tell the bailiffs if you’re a carer, relative or friend acting for someone vulnerable who has a debt. Explain the person’s vulnerability and the bailiffs should be willing to talk to you instead.

Comment

Thank you. My partner lost his job last week. We have got 2 children 7 and 2 year old. I am the only one working on minimum wage. Should I phone them or should I put all that in the email etc? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiciaaaa View Post
        Thank you. My partner lost his job last week. We have got 2 children 7 and 2 year old. I am the only one working on minimum wage. Should I phone them or should I put all that in the email etc? Thank you.
        Contact them and explain your circumstances. Write all you expenses down, and see what’s left. Step change had a sheet online.

You may also want to take a look at the Christians Against Poverty website.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X