• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone i'm a newbie on here hoping you can help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone i'm a newbie on here hoping you can help.

I would like to know if I can give/sell my car to my daughter so she can take me to my DR's appointments, hospital, shopping visiting family etc, I am claiming 50% car tax due to my disability, also my daughter will need to use it for her self for work, shopping etc, etc. but I will be still claim the 50% car tax, hope you can help.
    Tags: None

It is difficult to see how you could be entitled to a 50% VED rebate on a vehicle you do not have any beneficial interest in, and where you are simply a passenger in it.

Comment

Sorry, but to claim the 50% reduction the vehicle must be :

• Registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name.
      • It must be only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. That means the vehicle can’t be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
        It is difficult to see how you could be entitled to a 50% VED rebate on a vehicle you do not have any beneficial interest in, and where you are simply a passenger in it.
        Hi, many thanks for your input, cheer's, DKL

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Sorry, but to claim the 50% reduction the vehicle must be :

• Registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name.
          • It must be only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. That means the vehicle can’t be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.
          Hi, many thanks for you input, DKL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X