• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT rights and court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT rights and court claim

Quick question. If VT rights have been used to end an HP contract as the vehicle broke down every 3 months, can the buyer still submit a court claim against the car dealership in order to recuperate the amount paid over 1.5 years period? Black Horse offered a refund of £ 1450 and in their letter they mentioned that the refund was for the 110 days when I was unable to used the car. They also mentioned 7 of the faults the car had. The amount I've had paid after the refund is £ 6000 and it doesn't seem fair for a buyer to lose his/her money, just for having the "privilege" of driving a car for just over a year. I also have emails between myself and the dealership where they had my car for 2 weeks in a garage they collaborate with, and after 2 weeks they emailed me saying that the garage is too busy to do any work on it so I'll have to collect it.
    The statutory limitation period will end on 2nd of June 2019 and I would really appreciate any advice, before wasting £750 on court fees and hearing fees. Thank you.
    Starts
    28th May 2019 19:00:PM
    Last edited by Alf_08; 28th May 2019, 19:10:PM.
    Tags: None

R0b Would you be able to offer any advise? Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X