• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello! Housing advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Housing advice needed please

Hello all! This forum has helped me before when I seemed advice on a VT for a car.

I am now hoping you can help me some more...

My ex is in the rented house we were joint tenants of back in 2013, I moved out in 2015 as she decided to play away! She continued to live there, last October she was given notice to leave and is still there, I saw a letter on the side saying she owes rent, and have been told by a friend there was also a letter for me, separately addressed to the house but the ex hasn’t given it to me. The latter says they plan on taking legal proceedings to recover the rent and evict her. (Section 21 served in October) I told the letting agency when I moved out and on a few occasions when she has been late paying and they have said they know I don’t live there but asked if I could speak to her about the late rent (so have acknowledged I don’t live there) but I’ve never seen anything in writing saying I don’t. I haven’t signed any new or renewal agreements but believe she has.

A lot of info and I hope it makes sense. My question is can they come after me although I’ve not been living there?
    Tags: None

Send a subject access request to the letting agent. This will give you any information they have on you, including any letters And agreements sent out by them to that address relating to you.

Comment

Thank you for your reply SETMEFREE3
      Is it worth me calling the solicitors that sent her the letter to explain?

Comment

If the solicitor has sent you any letters to that address, you could always enquire with them. I would get it in writing from the letting agents that they know that you don’t reside there anymore and the SAR should prove that you are not on any current leases.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X