• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

3 points for mistakenly driving on bus route

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 points for mistakenly driving on bus route

Hi everyone,

Whilst driving recently, I drove out through a Bus route. I was actually trying not to drive on a Bus route and ended up
    doing just that. I got stopped by the Police and he explained that the area is very confusing and it happens to
    alot of people. He said I would get a caution letter or mandatory driving course, but No points off my licence. To
    my shock I received a letter saying I had two offers, one was a 3 points off my licence and a £100 fine or court hearing. I definitely want to go for the court hearing as I think the judgement is too harsh. Please any advice is welcome. Thank you..
    Tags: None

Ps: it’s not a bus route. It’s very difficult to explain, no sign and if no one mentioned you would never know

Comment

If it is that involved suggest you post up a suitably redacted copy of that "letter".
      We can then see exactly what and where.

Or you could research and post on PePiPoo ( http://www.pepipoo.com/)

Comment

This is the only letter I have received
        Attached Files

Comment

So don't know where and can't check on Google.
          I note this is a reminder, but you presumably never received an FPN through the post.
          I wonder what the policeman gave you when you were stopped.
          Anyway you are now out of time to accept the FPN and will be off to court where the penalties tend to be higher.

I would suggest a study of section 36 of the Road Traffic act 1988 (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/36) and of the signs to ensure that all regulations have been complied with.

You admit you were confused and made a mistake...that will not help you in court!

PePiPoo might be of more assistance

Comment

Originally posted by Tee06 View Post
            Ps: it’s not a bus route. It’s very difficult to explain, no sign and if no one mentioned you would never know
            Not a bus route but you say you drove a bus route?

Comment

It isn’t. It is a funny exit which I drove on whilst trying to comply. As previously stated the policeman confirmed it is confusing as that so many people make the mistake and I definitely will not be getting any points on my licence.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X