• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parked in a restricted street fpn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parked in a restricted street fpn

Hi.. I own a shop which has land to the side, with a dropped curb to it, which we have used for parking without issue for over 10 years. Recently my mum got a FPN for parking on a restricted street (double yellows). We appealed and the council came back saying although we owned the subsoil they had adopted the surface. We have proved that this is not the case and now they are saying they are happy to lift restrictions (they’re aren’t any, they done own the land!) and that we need to put road markings down.
    i have a few issues...
    1/ so i persue a complaint that the council appeals process does not check fact. How many people feel priced into paying when they don’t even look into the facts and evidence.
    2/ they are now trying to deflect from the fibs they told in the appeal by saying they’ll check that we need planning even though we have a dropped curb. Do we need planning?

i am still awaiting them to confirm in writing that the appeal results were false and the FPN will be cancelled.
    Tags: None

FPN? more likely a PCN. If so, what stage are you at? InformaL challenge? Have you received the Notice to Owner yet?

Where is this show us a google street view link.

Comment

This will almost certainly be a Fixed Penalty Notice.
      Yes, Council permission is required for a dropped kerb on a maintained road, & if no permission has been given, then crossing the pavement to access your land could be a contravention.
      https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...ment-fine-bill
      Last edited by charitynjw; 3rd May 2019, 23:11:PM.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

A dropped kerb allows vehicles to cross the pavement from the road to a driveway - contact your local council to find out how to apply for a dropped kerb
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

However, if the road is not a maintained (or partially maintained) road, they have no business issuing FPNs there.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X