• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Request made to Lowell with no response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request made to Lowell with no response

Hi
    I sent a CCA and a SARS to Lowell, their solicitor and the original credit card provider on 25th March, Lowell acknowledged my letter with the £1.00 fee, since this date no one has got back to me with anything!
    Is there anything else I need to do?
    Thanks in advance
    Andrea
    Tags: None

Anyone?
    Put your chocolate eggs down!

Comment

Originally posted by Clarino12 View Post
      Hi
      I sent a CCA and a SARS to Lowell, their solicitor and the original credit card provider on 25th March, Lowell acknowledged my letter with the £1.00 fee, since this date no one has got back to me with anything!
      Thanks in advance
      Andrea
      https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ion-in-30-days

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...cpr-31-14-help
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi Clarino

If you stick to just one thread per 'case', it makes it so much easier to follow the story so far.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarino12 View Post
            Hi
            Thanks in advance
            Andrea
            Re the SAR, they have 30 days from receipt of your request to cough up.
            Did you get proof of posting?
            If SignedFor, have you tracked it?
            Have they requested proof of ID?

Re the CCA request, if they don't send the relevant docs within about 2 weeks, they cannot enforce the alleged debt until/unless they do comply.
            Basically, it is in limbo until they cough up.
            Same question re proof of postage.

Now where's them there Cadbury's creme eggs gone?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry, I haven’t worked my way around the site, I will remember and thank you for the advice

Comment

Hi

please please advise ..... I sent a SARS. and CCA to Lowell’s and their solicitor on 15th March. They acknowledged my letter on 25th March saying

“we have sent it to the relevant department and when a response is received we will forward it on to you”

i then received a letter saying they have requested the information I requested from tescos and were waiting for their response. They stated they were not responsible for how long it would take for tesco to send the information through to them.
                I sent a letter to Tescos bank to tescos bank “Subject access request” on 21st March.
                I received a response sent on 22nd April from tesco saying ....

Dear Ms Goode
                thank you for your request for personal data. Unfortunately, the address and signature provided for Andrea Hurlstone doesn’t match our records. To allow us to continue with your request please provide details of any relevant previous addresses so we can match them against our records. Also, please return a copy of your letter with the correct signature.
                if you want to update your personal details we need the original document which outlines the change - your marriage certificate, passport, driving license. We cannot accept photocopies. When we have made the change we will send you a replacement card if required within 10 days once we have received your documentation.”

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT THE NEXT STEP IS

Comment

The original letter received from Lowell’s “letter of claim -30 days to prevent legal action” was dated 21/02/2019

Comment

Currently in a wrangle with Lowell myself.

They routinely ignore CCA requests when they don't have the documentation and have indeed ignored my response to the LBC that they sent me recently as well. I now find myself in the position that I am defending a claim for which they have provided no documentation and only after the receipt of the claim and another CCA and CPR letter have they responded. In a similar fashion I might add; that they have no documentation and aren't responsible for how long it takes for the original creditor to supply it.

On the plus side, it certainly sounds in your case like they aren't issuing, (or have issued), proceedings yet. You are well out of the 30 day response so it might just be that they have accepted the CCA request. However in my case, proceedings were issued by the Lowell Solicitors who, in their own letter state, that my letters to Lowell aren't legal.

With respect to the SAR request to Tesco, you are allowed legally to make a request for documentation by telephone now. I have made two similar requests recently and if you pass security on the phone there shouldn't be any reason to stop them from providing the relevant documentation. I'd give the phone route a go just to give it a try.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and I wish you well!
                      The surname on the credit card is my maiden name and I am unable to clear security!

Comment

CHARITYNJW are you around to offer your thoughts!

Comment

Then give them your maiden name. A change of address shouldn't be an issue. I recently slapped a SAR on Argos and I've moved house. As long as I had the account details and could pass security they updated my address after to send the documentation here. It's still worth giving them a call.

Comment

I totally agree with MasterCoder

& tactically, the more you put them through the wringer, the more likely it is that they will drop your case & pursue other lower-hanging fruit.
                            All they're interested in is getting money, & the more you make them work for it, the more it eats into their profit.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for responses - much appreciated!
                              I have rung Tesco’s again today and I can’t pass security. They said they sent the letter telling me to send proof of my change of name from maiden to married.
                              Then they will send details of my account defaults etc to my new address in my married name ( shortly returning to my to my maiden name again *♀️ )
                              so what do I do now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X