• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** CANCELLED ** Highview Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** CANCELLED ** Highview Parking Charge Notice

Hi,

I have read a few previous threads but would like some specific advice please.

As the registered keeper of a vehicle, I have a received a PCN. I have attached the relevant information received from Highview.

Please could someone advise me accordingly.

Thanks in advance - notalawyer
    Cover Letter Top of Notice Back of Notice

From the look of it they have failed at POFA to be able to hold the keeper liable but all of the first page is not there. Could you repost please and include all of page 1 of the NTK.

Here's POFA Paragraph 9 without a windscreen ticket.

They have also potentially breached GDPR in that they would appear to be keeping a record of VRMs so that they can determine if someone has "offended" before. Keeping data inappropriately is not allowed. Also how can they say it is a car that has offended, a car can not "offend" as it cannot agree to a contract, only a driver and they do not know if it was the same driver for subsequent visits.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.

Please see the top and bottom of the first page of the notice.

I'm not 100% sure on how to query the notice - why and wording.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        From the look of it they have failed at POFA to be able to hold the keeper liable but all of the first page is not there. Could you repost please and include all of page 1 of the NTK.

Here's POFA Paragraph 9 without a windscreen ticket.

They have also potentially breached GDPR in that they would appear to be keeping a record of VRMs so that they can determine if someone has "offended" before. Keeping data inappropriately is not allowed. Also how can they say it is a car that has offended, a car can not "offend" as it cannot agree to a contract, only a driver and they do not know if it was the same driver for subsequent visits.
        I've previously tried to read Paragraph 9 but I am unsure on exactly how they may not have complied with POFA.

Comment

Everything that is list in para9 must be in the NTK to be able to hold the keeper liable. Note 9 (2) says "must"

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act.

Additionally the invitation prescribed by 9 (2) (e) is not present.

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office
          On the web page but screen print every page you complete.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            Everything that is list in para9 must be in the NTK to be able to hold the keeper liable. Note 9 (2) says "must"

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act.

Additionally the invitation prescribed by 9 (2) (e) is not present.

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office
            On the web page but screen print every page you complete.
            Thank you very much! There's an enquiries email address on the website, would it also be sufficient to send it to that? I'm considering sending this by email and post to make sure it is covered.

Comment

Yep Send both ways

Comment

Also, have you any pics of the site signage?

If so, post them up. please.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Cancelled! Thank you so much for your help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cool!

I'll ask Amethyst to update your thread.

ostell for info.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X