• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN ref. number & reg. number partially printed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN ref. number & reg. number partially printed

Hi, I have been issued a parking ticket by PCM (UK) Ltd, but the PCN number and vehicle's reg. number are only partially printed. Does this make the fine invalid? Thank you.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Apollo001 View Post
    Hi, I have been issued a parking ticket by PCM (UK) Ltd, but the PCN number and vehicle's reg. number are only partially printed. Does this make the fine invalid? Thank you.
    Very likely.

(If you'd like us to take a look, post a pic on here.....redact personal info, but leave times/dates visible.)

Windscreen or *postal PCN?

Thought......how will they get registered keeper details from DVLA, one wonders?

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your message. Have attached photo of ticket with partially printed PCN number and missing digits of reg. number.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo001 View Post
        Hi, Thanks for your message. Have attached photo of ticket with partially printed PCN number and missing digits of reg. number.
        Is that how it actually was left on the windscreen....the missing text, that is?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Is that how it actually was left on the windscreen....the missing text, that is?
          Hi, yes this is how the ticket appeared. It was attached to the window screen. Should I post a photocopy to appeal address (since can't access online without PCN) and suggest the ticket in void as necessary information isn't available? Am also interested to know what legislation might back this up, bearing in mind it's a private company as opposed to a council. Any advice is much appreciated.

Comment

Yes, enclose a copy with your appeal

6(1)The second condition is that the creditor (or a person acting for or on behalf of the creditor)—

(a)has given a notice to driver in accordance with paragraph 7, followed by a notice to keeper in accordance with paragraph 8; or

(b)has given a notice to keeper in accordance with paragraph 9.

(2)If a notice to driver has been given, any subsequent notice to keeper must be given in accordance with paragraph 8.

7(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to driver for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.

(2)The notice must

(a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Half of the info which must be on the notice.........isn't!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Comment

Send your appeal from the keeper so that it arrives on day 26. Hopefully no NTK will be sent before day 56 or they don't contact the DVLA, either of which kills keeper liability

there is also the problem that NTD & NTK must contain the same information. In your appeal don't mention the VRM, just work on the PCN number

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X