• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Van Hire Stockport Cheshire.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Van Hire Stockport Cheshire.

Sadly i'm a bit of a lazy sod at times and the words always tomorrow are quite true and time simply drifts by.however it all still churns in my head each day.
    But in short...i hired a van from this company on a few occasions each time all went well.
    on the first of the last two occasions i had an argument with the man whom brought out the van, i ordered a ford transit van...but out came a German van i told him i don't like German vans
    the argument raged about Germany...and was given another make of van but not Ford..and i returned it in good condition.
    The last time again i am afraid my mind was on a flight out of the country the next morning...at Reception i was not offered collision damage waver i know i know,
    the van they brought out was German unmarked in any company writings..i went in the office refused the van only to be shouted at take it or leave it by the lady whom did not offer me C.D.W.
    The day was dark dim pelting rain...there was a mark on the front which i saw..and expected it to be noted..by the man whom showed me the van.
    he was eager to get out of the rain so was i...i left in the van if not for the next morning flight i would have told them to shove it...
    Next day on return the man whom gave me the van said the mark on the front was new..i said bollocks..he replied he never missed anything.
    In the office in a huddle which involved the man last time when i refused the German van the women whom shouted take it or leave it then broke and refused to give me back my deposit
    after some words i left...flew out next day and on return found a bill for damage...i simply thought bollocks a few months later came the small claims court which i replied giving my side of the story
    it went to a phone interview i am no good on phones and left it..the court found against me i still left it until the bailiffs were called in in the end i got considerably ripped off.and i paid up in monthly installments.
    I have recently read quite a few newspaper reports about how van hire firms rip people off..and my daft head..thinks i should reopen this trouble.

MY questions are..am i far too late in time to appeal against the fine..
    should i simply give up and get a life and count it as a lesson learnt..
    Should i take out a small claims against County van hire which has been some advice.
    If you have got this far am sorry for the moaning....
    Any replies are most grateful even if your roaring with laughter...Thank you...

Tags: None

You lost at the first hearing and received a judgement which you eventually paid

You have no chance to reopen the case and obtain a set aside.
    What sort of claim were you thinking of making against the van hirers?

Comment

Regretfully I agree with des8

In common parlance, "You had your chance & blew it", I'm afraid.

The courts take the view that it would not be in the public interest to spend more of the court's resources on this kind of thing.

It would cost £255 to apply for a CCJ set-aside, the court would then decide whether to allow it, & then you would need to provide a good defence which, in the court's view, has merit.
      At the mo it looks like your word against the employee.

& in any case, as you've paid the CCJ it will likely be deemed to be an admission.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you so much for your time....and honest advice i shall simply drown my sorrows...and burn all the saved paper works...once more thank you...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X