• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio Claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio Claim form

Hi I have been doing some reading up on the forum after receiving a claim form from Lowell. I have entered an acknowledgement of service on moneyclaim and I am currently filling out the CPR 31.14 form and I have a few questions about how to fill it out and where I go from there, hope you guys can help!

1.In my acknowledgment of service I put down that I intended to defend the claim in part. It was for a phone contract that I didn`t pay. I intend to pay what the phone was worth as I kept it but as my contract was terminated I do not want to pay for the service side of the phone contract that I did not receive. How should I go from here and can I change my my defence of the claim?

2. When filling out the CPR 31.14 to see documents attaining to the claim I am a bit confused with what documents to ask for and how to ask for them, the particulars of claim are:
    1) the defendant entered into an agreement with three mobile under account reference ********
    2) the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the service was terminated
    3) the right to collect the outstanding balance was assigned to the claimant by Hutchinson 3G UK ltd on 21/12/2017 and notice given to the defendant
    4) despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £637.21 remains due and outstanding
    and the claimant claims
    a)the sum of £637.21
    b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act at the rate of 8% per anum from the date of assignment to the date of issue accruing at a daily rate of £0.140, but limited to one year being £50.98
    c) costs

3) what date should I put on the CPR 31.14 where it says "To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence ondd/mm/yyyy"

Hope you guys can clarify some things for me and put me on the right path to sorting this out
    Cheers in advance!
    Tags: None

Approx when did you cancel?
    Were you in (documented) dispute re the bad service?

3) It would be fine to just put

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case

For info, your defence needs to be filed latest 33 days from the date of issue on the court claim form.
    Last edited by charitynjw; 27th February 2019, 18:39:PM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X