• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parcel Force incompetence- whom to claim from??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel Force incompetence- whom to claim from??

Dear All,

Thanks in advance for perusing my dilema!

I'll try and be concise.

January 15th item bought on Ebay (a mirror) paid for by debit card, (Not Paypal) Item due 19th -21st January.

Item not received by due date. Contact made with seller who provided tracking details.

Parcel Farce delivery manifest as viewed online said 18th January package signed for at 20:14 hours. (Parcel Force, delivering after 8 pm??) Also at 20:14 hours AFTER parcel was signed for a request was made to schedule a later delivery!

Parcel Farce said it a) might still be in the depot b) has been delivered, I called them twice and both times was told they would 'get back to me'. They didn't on either occasion. The third time I called them after waiting a couple of weeks they told me to make a claim but be quick as its almost too late!!

NO parcel was received. NOTHING was signed. NO attempted delivery card left through the letterbox. NO later delivery was scheduled.

Ebay seller says its not her problem because the manifest says signed for.

Ebay upon appeal upheld the sellers case, despite admitting to me that the manifest was confused.

Parcel Farce will not accept my claim because their 'contract' was with the seller and it should be her that pursues the claim.

If a signature exists for this item it is not mine and I will happily make my representations to a magistrate in the small claims court. The thing is... who do I pursue in this case? Can I simply ask for my bank to charge back the transaction? I just want my £55 back!

Thanks again for any help

Matt
    Tags: None

You have no contract with parcel force as you were only the recipient.
    The sender needs to open a claim.

Comment

Thanks PAULAJAYNE

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
        You have no contract with parcel force as you were only the recipient.
        The sender needs to open a claim.
        Thanks for the info but my dilemma continue. Because a spurious signature (NOT mine!) exists on the tracking manifest the sender feels her contract with parcel force has been fulfilled and is unwilling to take this any further. Is the onus now on myself as the alleged recipient to pursue parcel force or do I pursue the seller still? I'm ready to submit a case right now as I am just being pushed from pillar to post with the 'computer says no' approach from all sides!

Comment

You pursue the seller.
          Your contract to purchase was with her, and it is her responsibility to ensure the goods are delivered.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X