• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Delicate, complex extortion situation

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Delicate, complex extortion situation

    Six months past, I became the victim of a vexatious criminal accusation, that of 'sexual grooming'. Background - a particular female friend of my eldest son, aged seventeen (and decreed 'vulnerable', following brain surgery for epilepsy) befriended myself and the two of us somewhat surprisingly became thick and fast special pals. The age range of my friends is from about eight years old (children of other friends) to currently, 98 (great grandma of another pal) - thus I infer nothing whatsoever untoward with this new friendship. Then, suddenly, the girl's family accuse me of the aforementioned criminality and thus ensues my arrest, short detention and a full-blown investigation involving the confiscation of my computer equipment and mobile phones. Six months on, C.I.D; having ascertained from my Urogenital Specialist that I've been incapable of sex since an accident to my pride & joy in 2003; have now closed the case completely.
    The effect of all this is that it has pushed the girl and myself much closer... she & I versus the world and were it not for my ACE (asexual) condition, we'd have certainly become a couple by now.
    I'm unhappy about all of this and I want to sue the girl's family members who so wasted my and Police time and have defamed and harassed me, not to mention the slander angle.
    However, the girl's mother, taking advantage of the daughter's slight brain damage (vulnerable, remember), has blackmailed the girl by threatening withdrawal of familial love and privilege, if she doesn't drop my friendship immediately. Neither of us wants that, we feel inseparable now, after enduring so much together. The mother's threatening me, too, over the reciprocal thing, plus attempting to prevent me from suing them for what they've done to me. This threat is of the form of 'persuading the daughter, via her threats, to now claim that I did groom her'! Can this actually be used to harm me, now the 6-month investigation is closed? Would that not be a double jeopardy of sorts? Further... is not the mother's actions here an 'extortion with or without menaces, a blackmail?

    In need of answers. throughout, to know where I stand. I'm boggled!
    Tags: None

  • #2
    This sounds more like harassment than blackmail to me. You options include applying a civil injunction or reporting her to the police.




    • #3
      Oops. I posted too soon and without proofreading, and don't know how to edit my typos. I should have added:

      here is some more information about harassment:


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



      Welcome to Legal Beagles

      LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm